IRR-clueful person at 3356?

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Fri Aug 17 15:16:50 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

Sorry for the extremely broad email but I'm trying to sort out an IRR
issue regarding automatic filter generation at Level(3) on behalf of a
friend.

The telemetry I'm getting (thirdhand and believed to originate from
first line support) suggests that both Level(3)'s direct customer and
any downstreams of that customer need to be in the same IRR component.
If true this would be a rather startling shortcoming of their filter
generation software and at odds with the whole point of having
multiple components to the IRR system.

Anyone got any pointers or help?  Email to rr at level3.net has not
gotten us anywhere, but I was not the one who sent it and can't
guarantee that the right questions were asked.

Thanks,

-r