Finding "Name Servers" (not NS records) of domain name

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Wed Aug 15 22:10:25 UTC 2012

Hello everyone

I was dealing with a case where there's a mismatch in nameserver of a
domain (nameservers set at registrar) and NS record on the delegated
servers. Now NS on delegated servers are good and I am trying to create
list of domains using wrong nameservers at registrar.

Now as you would be knowing if I do regular dig with ns, it provides NS
records. However I was able to find nameservers by digging gTLD root for
gTLD based domains. This works for .com/net/org etc but again fails for say
.us, .in etc. I was wondering if there's an easy way to do it rather then
running script on thousands of domain names again & again digging registry
specific nameservers?

May be does someone knows/runs any simple server which can be whois'ed for
some basic regular output which can be printed. Regular whois output for
domain names seems hard to parse.

Thanks.

--

Anurag Bhatia