IPSec Problems

Bret Clark bclark at spectraaccess.com
Mon Aug 13 12:41:02 UTC 2012

Anyone seeing their customers having problems with IPSec tunnels? Its a
strange problem where the customer can ping the other end, but are
having trouble keeping the IPSec tunnels active. I was able to
preference some of our customer routes out of another BGP edge router
which solved their problem. The only common issue (so far) is that the
issue seems to occur when traffic goes over a Level3 connection
otherwise the IPSec tunnels work fine.

Its a rather strange problem though why IPSec is only being affecting
but nothing else and I not saying L3 is the reason, but not sure.  I
opened a support ticket with one of our upstream providers and they
mention their own customers have seen similar problems.

Scratching my head on this one!

Thanks,
Bret