Bell Canada outage?

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Wed Aug 8 21:54:50 UTC 2012

We have been advised that TATA/6453 is back to normal, and
re-activated our BGP to them.  Everything seems okay on this front.

No update from Bell Canada yet.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Harald Koch <chk at pobox.com> wrote:
> On 8 August 2012 16:10, Zachary McGibbon
>> Thanks for the info, looks like Bell needs to put some filtering on their
>> customer links!
>
> I remember when AS577 had those... ;)

We actually have asked Bell Canada not to filter routes from us, and
use prefix-limit only, because they were not able to build a
prefix-list for us if we have any downstream customer ASNs, which we
do.  :-/

If someone at Bell Canada is reading and cared to contact me off-list,
I would sure love to get my own route filtering fixed.  I have had
little success through the normal channels.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts