BGPttH. Neustar can do it, why can't we?

valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Aug 7 19:51:03 UTC 2012

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 15:55:19 -0700, Owen DeLong said:
> That would allow a zeroconf BGP-enabled router in relatively small hardware accepting a default route t

OK Owen, I'll bite - what are the chances that a zeroconf router will accept
the *wrong* default route?

If you're trying to do the "Use this provider unless it dies, then use the
other link", you can't really do that as zero-conf, you'll need to tell it
which side is A and which is B.  And if you're trying to do routing across
both links at once, that's even worse for zeroconf.