Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Mon Aug 6 18:31:18 UTC 2012

Even though we know it's technically possible, service providers aren't
going to overprovision power backup unless there is a business reason to do
so.  Some state PUCs have minimum battery run times -- I'm sure service
providers who provide telephone service are meeting that because their
certificate depends on that.  After that, it's just providing enough
services to remain comparatively competitive.

Frank