Cisco 7200 PCI Limitations

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 17:04:58 UTC 2012

While I agree it may not be suitable for transit GigE purposes, it is
certainly acceptable for many WAN aggregation scenarios and CPE scenarios
well in excess of T1 speeds.

There are still many out there in DS3, Fast-E, subrate ethernet subscriber,
ATM, (DSL/L2TP/PPPOE), DMVPN, and other similar scenarios.  For this, while
often not ideal, they continue to work fine.