IPv6 End User Fee

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Aug 5 16:00:18 UTC 2012

>Do you see problems with this scheme? There's considerable
>interest and momentum in end user owned routing infrastructure,
>including wireless ad hoc meshes across urban areas.

I've seen remarkably little overlap between the people that think ad
hoc meshes are a fabulous liberating technology and the people who
understand how they work and what their limitatations are.

As a way to bring some sort of service to unserved areas, they're
interesting.  As a substitute for a real network, they're not.

R's,
John