Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Wallace Keith kwallace at pcconnection.com
Fri Aug 3 21:56:37 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Frank Bulk [mailto:frnkblk at iname.com]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2012 5:27 PM
To: 'William Herrin'
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: RE: Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

A good portable generator is more than $500, and if it's a wide-spread outage there's not enough portable generators to go around, and if there were, not enough people to set them and give them their fluids.  And it doesn't pay to put a natural gas (or similar) generator at every node for those rare instances where the battery does not suffice.

Frank