Verizon FiOS - is BGP an option?

Justin M. Streiner streiner at cluebyfour.org
Fri Aug 3 16:24:28 UTC 2012

On Fri, 3 Aug 2012, Christopher Morrow wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Richard Miller <rmiller at millerad.com> wrote:
>> I am stumped.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> time to migrate to carriers that care about you and your business?

The tough part there is that Verizon is not required (as I understand it)
to open access to the plant they've built out for FiOS, unlike their
copper plant.  That's one of the reasons they've been keen to push people
away from DSL and onto FiOS.

Short of pulling dark fiber (not cost-effective for hope use yet ;)  )
from one of the providers that serves this area, there were no other
viable options for getting >T1/DSL speeds to the house :(

I ended up having FiOS business service installed about two weeks ago, but
it's definitely pricey.

jms