Cisco 7200 PCI Limitations

shthead lists at shthead.com
Fri Aug 3 09:50:28 UTC 2012

On 3/08/2012 5:44 PM, Sander Steffann wrote:
> On a 7206VXR it shows:
>
> PCI bus mb0_mb1 (Slots 0, 1, 3 and 5) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.
> PCI bus mb2 (Slots 2, 4, 6) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.
>
> Slot 0 is the I/O module, so it seems to share the same limitations.
>
> - Sander

Hi,

With the NPE-G1 the I/O controller has its own PCI bus so with that
installed it show slike this:

PCI bus mb1 (Slots 1, 3 and 5) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.
Current configuration on bus mb1 has a total of 0 bandwidth points.
This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

PCI bus mb2 (Slots 2, 4 and 6) has a capacity of 600 bandwidth points.
Current configuration on bus mb2 has a total of 400 bandwidth points.
This configuration is within the PCI bus capacity and is supported.

Thanks for the offlist replies everyone, it looks like the back plane is
going to be the limiting factor in this device due to the 1gbps total
capacity [1].

[1] http://inetpro.org/wiki/Cisco_7200