Fiji Islands

Mike Hale eyeronic.design at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 01:05:17 UTC 2012

VSAT *isn't* a waste of time if you're willing to spend the money.

But that, of course, is the key point.  Quality VSAT service costs a
LOT of money (3k-5k per asymetrical megabit).  Plus, a quality
provider will have no problem providing you with BGP.

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Zaid Ali <zaid at zaidali.com> wrote:
> Fintel and TFL sleep in the same bed essentially. Fintel is the gatekeeper of the southern cross cable protected heavily by the local government, your typical monopoly setup. Connect is a business unit of TFL. I think you can do the math there.
>
> Fintel does not do BGP out of the country (or didn't the last time I was there). Forget VSAT, waste of time.
>
> Zaid
>
> On Jul 31, 2012, at 5:39 PM, Mike Hale wrote:
>
>> It looks like Fintel and TFL are both providers for Southern Cross
>> cable.  That would be your best bet if they can get lines out to you.
>>
>> Otherwise, there's always VSAT, but that brings a set of other issues with it.
>>
>> Ping me offlist if you want more detail on the VSAT stuff.
>>
>> On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 4:55 PM, Franck Martin <fmartin at linkedin.com> wrote:
>>> In no particular order
>>>
>>> Connect.com.fj aka tfl.com.fj
>>> Fintel.com.fj
>>> Vodafone.com.fj (via a 3G stick)

>>> http://www.linkedin.com/pub/alfred-prasad/0/409/14a

--
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0