VPN over satellite

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Mon Apr 30 12:33:05 UTC 2012

I did developed my own accelerator in 2006(globax) and have customers
till now, but only for one-way ISP's in CIS region, and partially Europe
(Germany). Sure worked with satellite internet all that years.
But since i am not interested to advertise it here(working only for
ISPs), i will mention possible alternatives:
There was few solutions, most of them was from Tellinet and Mentat.
Tellinet are for Newtec now, and Mentat are for Packeteer(and Packeteer
for Bluecoat). Last time i seen optimization option in Packetshaper from
Bluecoat. Probably worth to visit Newtec, as i see your domain are .be,
and their HQ in Belgium.
Riverbed, i heard about them, but never tried. Most of TDMA VSAT modems
also has embedded accelerators.

Please let me know if you want to know anything else.

On 2012-04-30 15:06, Rens wrote:
> IPSec does not run well over satellite since the TCP headers are also
> encrypted

---
Network engineer
Denys Fedoryshchenko

Dora Highway - Center Cebaco - 2nd Floor
Beirut, Lebanon
Tel:	+961 1 247373
E-Mail: denys at visp.net.lb