JUNOS forwards IPv6 link-local packets

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Fri Apr 27 16:31:32 UTC 2012

On 4/27/2012 11:20 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Jack Bates<jbates at brightok.net>  said:
>> fe80::/65 discard
>> fe80:0:0:0:8000::/65 discard
>>
>> More specifics rule out over connected any day.
> That would also kill any legitimate link-local traffic though.

Perhaps. I'm actually curious on that, as the rules for routing to
link-local are very specialized. It might flag on uRPF for local
traffic, but that can be overcome with a fail filter. Sending out from
the RE could likely ignore the route, as it has to send to specific
interfaces. Receiving on interfaces that don't have uRPF should still
work as well.

It's a theory and would have to be tested.

Jack