Operation Ghost Click

O'Reirdan, Michael Michael_OReirdan at Cable.Comcast.com
Fri Apr 27 10:41:34 UTC 2012

Please look at www.dcwg.org

Mike
From: Jeff Kell [jeff-kell at utc.edu]
Sent: 26 April 2012 22:03
To: Andrew Latham
Cc: NANOG list
Subject: Re: Operation Ghost Click

On 4/26/2012 5:44 PM, Andrew Latham wrote:

> Yes its a major problem for the users unknowingly infected.  To them
> it will look like their Internet connection is down.  Expect ISPs to
> field lots of support calls.

And what about the millions of users unknowingly infected with
"something else" ??

These people need help, at least the "Ghost Click" victims will have a
clue after July 9, unless we opt to extend our head-in-the-sand period.

(We have enough trouble isolating/remediating issues among our
relatively small user base, I'd hate to be facing a major ISP size
support/remediation effort...)

Does anyone have a plan?

Jeff