Squeezing IPs out of ARIN

Jonathan Lassoff jof at thejof.com
Wed Apr 25 16:09:56 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 8:46 AM, Kenneth McRae
<kenneth.mcrae at dreamhost.com>wrote:

> I have never provided the names of end users..  How the address space
> would be utilized?  Definitely..  But not the names of end users...

Probably because you are an "end user".
If you're talking about AS26347, I don't think there is any re-assigned
space in there.

Do you ever "assign" users CIDR blocks of IP space for their own use? If
it's just the transitory use of IPs in an operational network you control,
then that sounds like "end user" use to me, even though you may sell the
use of those IPs.

If you have questions about this stuff, the ARIN NRPM is a great resource:
https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html

Cheers,
jof