Squeezing IPs out of ARIN

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Apr 25 10:23:32 UTC 2012

admin at thecpaneladmin.com wrote:
> Anyone have any tips for getting IPs from ARIN? For an end-user
> allocation they are requesting that we provide customer names for
> existing allocations, which is information that will take a while to
> obtain. They are insisting that this is standard process and something
> that everyone does when requesting IPs. Has anyone actually had to do this?

ARIN does not require you or your customers to use NAT.

If you have customers, you are an ISP and need an allocation.

SWIP everything you do.

Produce a common format form that must be completed before any addresses
are assigned to anyone. On this your fortitude will be tested without end.

Justifiable, documented and responsible utilization is rewarded with
additional resources (for the next 1-4 years), so give your customers
what they can document their need for.

Joe