Automatic IPv6 due to broadcast

Enno Rey erey at ernw.de
Mon Apr 23 16:49:15 UTC 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 12:27:53PM -0400, Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 11:23:14 -0400, Chuck Anderson said:
> > > On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 06:38:09AM -0700, Owen DeLong wrote:
> >> In a lot of cases, enforcing that all address assignments are via DHCP can still be
> >> counter-productive. Especially in IPv6.
> > If a specific managed environment provides DHCPv6 and doesn't provide
> > SLAAC, and the policies of said environment forbid static addressing,
>
> That's totally different from Owen's "in a lot of cases".  Incidentally,
> there's absolutely nothing

except for LLT being the default DUID generation mechanism on pretty much every OS...

thanks

Enno

 preventing a DHCPv* server from being configured to

--
Enno Rey

ERNW GmbH - Breslauer Str. 28 - 69124 Heidelberg - www.ernw.de
Tel. +49 6221 480390 - Fax 6221 419008 - Cell +49 174 3082474
PGP FP 055F B3F3 FE9D 71DD C0D5  444E C611 033E 3296 1CC1

Handelsregister Mannheim: HRB 337135
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Enno Rey