Securing OOB

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 14:14:28 UTC 2012

My preferred OOB solution is cellular where possible.  (Many companies make
such a dedicated product, or roll your own).

Most cellular providers can provide a private APN with private IP addresses
delivered back to you via a VPN tunnel.  In many cases, telemetry (IE: 50Mb
or less per month) data plans cost much less than DSL lines or analog
lines.  In some installations, it's also diverse to backhoe accidents due
to it not riding the same copper bundle.

Besides, it's easy to install and you don't have to deal with the copper
analog handoff.

Otherwise... DSL and IPSEC vpn also works.  Analog is in the last option
for me.