Automatic IPv6 due to broadcast

Carlos Martinez-Cagnazzo carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 08:37:29 UTC 2012

I don't understand why a problem with a tunnel 'leaves a bad taste with
IPv6'. Since when a badly configured DNS zone left people with a 'bad
taste for DNS', or a badly configured switch left people with 'a bad
taste for spanning tree' or 'a bad taste for vlan trunking' ?

It seems to me that what are perceived as operational mistakes and/or
plain lack of knowledge for some technologies is perceived as a fault of
the protocol itself in the case of IPv6.

People need to get their acts together.

~Carlos