Automatic IPv6 due to broadcast

Måns Nilsson mansaxel at besserwisser.org
Tue Apr 17 06:42:00 UTC 2012

--On 16 april 2012 17.38.07 -0400 Brandon Penglase
<bpenglase-nanog at SpaceServices.net> wrote:

> direction of our security analyst) turn up a DA test server.

<snip>

> Needless to say, everything was horribly slow, and some things even
> flat out broke.

To be expected when DNS is given the rôle of routing packets munged by
tunneling in several layers of indirection.

> Sadly this event left a really sour taste for IPv6 with
> Networking department (whom I was occasionally bugging about v6).

The Notworking department should be driving the v6 deploy, if they want to
network in the future. If they don't, replace them with a working
Networking department.

--
Måns, somewhat inspired by a recent stray down (non-ECC) memory lane.