Cheap Juniper Gear for Lab

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Wed Apr 11 11:34:56 UTC 2012

While it may not forward packets exactly like an M-series or MX, for the OP's purpose of simply learning JUNOS in a home lab, it will work just fine.  I learned quite a bit using Olives (which don't exist), with the understanding that there were a lot of limitations.

To the OP, I would also suggest checking out Juniper's website, specifically the 'Education' section.  There are a ton of excellent learning tools on there - Learning Bytes, Web-Based Training, Day One books, etc.:

http://www.juniper.net/us/en/training/jnbooks/
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_activity_info.aspx?id=5853
https://learningportal.juniper.net/juniper/user_courses.aspx

-evt