SORBS?!

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Fri Apr 6 16:02:09 UTC 2012

On 04/06/2012 08:49 AM, George Herbert wrote:
> This seems like a very 1999 anti-spam attitude.
>
> I have been doing anti-spam a long long time - literally since before Canter and Siegel (who I had as customers...) and before jj at cup.portal.com.
>
> It's not 1999 anymore. Patrick is not the enemy. Your attitude is worrying. The "I am not responsible for who uses the blacklist or what that means" isn't good enough anymore.

I wonder how long a popularish blacklist operator would last if they,
oh say, blacklisted all of google or microsoft before they got some
very threatening letters from their legal staff. An hour? A day? A week?

You may have the right to list them and change your mind in your own
good time, but they also have the right to defend their reputation civilly
too. With great power comes great responsibility and all that.

Mike