CCDP (Was: April fools joke?)

Alex Brooks askoorb+nanog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 11:30:02 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM, Alec Muffett <alec.muffett at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 Apr 2012, at 15:30, Justin Wilson wrote:
> >       I hate April 1 on the Web. You are right you never can tell.  I
> > would be
> > appalled if someone as respectable as the BBC stoops to downright dumb
> > pranks.
>
> It is true.
>
> It's called the Communications Capabilities Development Programme (CCDP)

More details (from a fairly level-headed viewpoint) have been
published at http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/02/ccdp_government_snooping_plans/.

It looks like for more details we'll have to wait for the Queen's
Speech on the 9th of May (and the following white / command papers and
other guff) when it looks like she'll announce it with all the other
legislation her government will try to pass over the next year.

Alex