events

Jason Lixfeld jason at lixfeld.ca
Fri Sep 30 18:21:38 UTC 2011

On 2011-09-30, at 2:13 PM, Brandon Kim wrote:

> I've been happy with my basic ManageEngine's syslog, but I may be looking at Solarwinds too...

I've just installed the Splunk eval myself, but I'm curious about your ManageEngine experiences.  I don't have any interest in using ManageEngine as an NMS; I have a couple of tools that I use for that already.  Can you use ManageEngine's syslog without having to set it up to monitor all of your devices first?  Have you looked at the TRAP support in ManageEngine?