Facebook insecure by design

Ben Carleton ben at bencarleton.com
Fri Sep 30 12:32:31 UTC 2011

Actually, the reason for what happened in your example is that Cee Lo's
page has what is **technically** an app (called I Want You, as seen in
the sidebar under his profile photo) set as the default screen for when
you view his page. The app (that does admittedly looks like it could be
an official feature from facebook) uses externally-hosted HTTP-only
content, which Facebook will detect and warn you about.

-- Ben