Question on 95th percentile and Over-usage transit pricing

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 22:23:41 UTC 2011

I don't know every particular deal, but I felt it's a solution to the
person's situation whom I replied to who was producing fake traffic for
bandwidth they purchase.

The point is to suggest that his pricing scheme where it's potential for the
total bill to be cheaper by purposely wasting a resource and directing a
traffic flood at the ISP's router or some poor sap's netblock is a
suboptimal one and not in anyone's best interest.

I don't know the costs of his deal, but I think that an arrangement which
has progressed to the customer running a traffic flood to the SP core to get
the bill down is not economically nor politically beneficial to anyone
involved in that person's scenario anymore.

The business conditions can throw a wrench into things though...  a huge
one.