Internet mauled by bears

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Thu Sep 22 15:52:09 UTC 2011

On 9/22/2011 8:31 AM, Jason Baugher wrote:
> On 9/22/2011 9:58 AM, JC Dill wrote:

[re: horses]
>> Other livestock aren't as likely to cause fatal injuries to car
>> occupants if they are hit, because the animal's body is lower to the
>> road, less likely to come over the hood.

> That's interesting to know. It's also interesting to note that other
> animals, with the possible exception of sheep, will not run through an
> electric fence once they know that it is there. Sheep do it intentionally.

Domesticated sheep are born with vague intelligence, but this is gone by
the time they are adults. There can be no speaking of intention, because
they are incapable.

A lamb bounces around, playful and amusing, and if it sees a fence, it
*stops* short of the fence. Sheep will run straight into the fence, and
snap their necks, if at the front of a herd. Been there. Seen it. Sheep
are stupid. Really.

--
...most of us have as our claim to fame the ability to talk to
inanimate objects and convince them they want to listen to us.