akamai rate limiting?

Cameron Byrne cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 05:55:26 UTC 2011

On Sep 21, 2011 4:43 PM, "Patrick W. Gilmore" <patrick at ianai.net> wrote:

> On Sep 20, 2011, at 11:17 PM, Cameron Byrne wrote:
> > On Sep 20, 2011 7:54 PM, "Joseph Gersch" <joe.gersch at secure64.com>
wrote:

> >> Does anyone know if Akamai edgesuite servers rate limits or blacklists
> >> caching servers that query it too often?  It appears that queries are
timing
> >> out if we exceed a query load to edgesuite.
> >>
> >> Does anyone at Akamai know if there are any changes to rate limiting or
> >> an abnormally high load?
>
> > Akamai traffic is dropping on my network now.
> >
> > Emailed their noc, no eta on fix
>
> Cameron & I have been in contact off-list, and all issues have been
resolved.

> More generally: Hopefully it will come as no surprise that Akamai has some
rate-limiting parameters configured.  The Internet is a nasty place, and
every contentious provider should have protections in place.

> If anyone sees any problems with Akamai name servers or anything else,
noc at akamai.com is monitored 24/7 and should be able to either help directly,
or get you in touch with the right people who can.

Thanks to Patrick and team at Akamai for resolving this quickly

Cb