Anyone used Adtran NetVanta 1544?

Thomas Donnelly tad1214 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 20:07:56 UTC 2011

I have been a big fan of the Adtran gear for years for small businesses
and remote offices. We used the NetVanta 1335 Poe - A IPSec capable Layer3
Poe switch with a T1 wic in the back, all crammed into a 1U platform,
isn't only hard to find among all vendors, it was cheap and we never had
any reliability issues with them in about 20 remote offices.

Adtran to me has never been data center grade, but for an IT guy who wants
a familiar command line and reliable "enterprise grade" switch on the
cheap, you can't go wrong with Adtran.

I think with a iSCSI SAN you would be just fine. The specs on it look up
to par and if their previous performance is telling of their current
products, I think asking for a demo unit or picking just one up would be a
great choice.

-=Tom