What's a reasonable attack surface? (was: Re: wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper yada yada)

Keegan Holley keegan.holley at sungard.com
Wed Sep 21 19:11:29 UTC 2011

I think people tend to go overboard in the planning phases for something
like this.  I remember rumors of a certain large ISP getting along fine for
several years installing routers with a password like "getsmein".  There are
plenty of groups that publish guidelines on ISP configuration as well as a
wealth of books on the subject.  You'll just have to start out with the
basics and learn as you go.  I'm not sure you can get a magic bullet from a
mailing list though.