How to begin making my own ISP?

Don Gould don at bowenvale.co.nz
Tue Sep 20 23:55:08 UTC 2011

Hasserw,

First I must apologise for not responding, I did see this message and
did mean to attempt to help you out as I am currently working though
this exact process in a very small proof of concept network with an even
smaller budget.

To address our question, a good starting point is a Cisco CCNA.

If you review the list archive for the past month you will find a very
interesting thread linking to guys who are running massive home networks
just for their learning, that in turn will link you to detailed public
CVs showing the sort of stuff that these guys are trained and training in.

You also need some business training to understand how to structure the
business aspects of your project.  An MBA is a good qualification but
there are many less high level courses you could look at as well.

NA Nog is an operational list (with a lot of rant and fun stuff) and not
really a business focused or educational list, so your initial query
simply ran under the radar.

--
Don Gould
31 Acheson Ave