SDH Fiber Problem

Daniel Holme dan.holme at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 08:49:40 UTC 2011

On 19 September 2011 10:20, jacob miller <mmzinyi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have triend to do a ping with the DF bit set.
> Maximum am able to get to is 1600.
> This am guessing is because of the fact I have set the mtu size on My interface to 1600.

You could extend this test by sending TCP packets across to simulate
the HTTP flow, ideally looking at the packets as they come in at the
other end. At least this way you're closer to replicating the problem
than just using ICMP.

If this doesn't get you anywhere, and as you can get ICMP packets of
1600byte across the link then have you thought about looking elsewhere
for the problem? Potentially further up the path to the Internet?

--
Daniel Holme