wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Tue Sep 20 03:32:04 UTC 2011

> 1) One IP connection via a T-1. Second IP connection via GRE tunnel
> carried on first.
>
> 2) One IP connection via a T-1 that doesn't have transit, only peering
> with providers B and C. IP connections via two GRE tunnels to providers
> B and C.
>
> 3) One IP connection via MPLS over T-1. Second IP connection via
> different MPLS virtual circuit over the same T-1.
>
> 4) One IP connection via Frame Relay over T-1. Second IP connection via
> Frame Relay over the same T-1.
>
> 5) One IP connection via a T-1. Second IP connection via a different T-1
> that is multiplexed on the same DS3.
>
> 6) One IP connection via a T-1. Second IP connection via a different T-1
> that is on separate physical pairs, but in the same cable bundle.

you left out one connection via a chevy full of hollerith cards and the
second a canoe full of 7 track tape in waterproof containers.

we now return you to the real internet, where we invent new usefull
things occasionally but try to refrain from redefining well-understood
terms on a daily basis (unless we are in marketing).

randy