Internet mauled by bears

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 02:02:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 01:49, Richard Barnes <richard.barnes at gmail.com> wrote:
> And if they turn up the voltage on the fence high enough, dinner could be
> cooked by the time the crew gets there!

Not quite.  The point of the electric fence is to discourage
moooving through it, but you do not want to kill (or
seriously injure) your livestock.  That, however does not
always work as expected.  Cows are really dumb creatures.
And while an electric fence may discourage them, I have
seen the extra special ones just lounge against the electric
fence for a long time (I presume until the brain notices that
something does not feel right, so perhaps they should
consider, but only consider, being somewhere else).
On a good day the cow goes (or does not go) where you
want it.  On a bad day you repair the electric fence.

Gary