How to begin making my own ISP?

Joe Hamelin joe at nethead.com
Sat Sep 17 04:30:43 UTC 2011

When we needed an ISP in Yakima back in '95 we found a rich guy in Seattle,
got him to hire an old SunOS geek and an illegal Englishman, and a very
small space on the 19th floor of the Westin.  Then we talked him into
putting his first POP in Yakima where he would have immediate paying
customers.   He was tired of using broken UUCP email for his trading
company.  That was our "hook".  That ISP founded what is now SIX, so not all
was lost.

joe at wolfe.net
--
Joe Hamelin, W7COM, Tulalip, WA, 360-474-7474