How to begin making my own ISP?

Lynda shrdlu at deaddrop.org
Sat Sep 17 00:15:36 UTC 2011

On 9/16/2011 2:43 PM, Michael Painter wrote:
> hasserw at hushmail.com wrote:

>> @ Everyone else: thank you for the useful information. I didn't
>> mean to come off as being bratty with my competition notation, it
>> was meant as a bump to the posting and not an insult at anyone.

> Oldie but goodie:
>
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471314994/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

Whoa. How strange. I actually *own* that book...but then, I'm old, and
crotchety, and know what ISIS is (yes, I love saying that).

That said, one oh-so-brief word of advice to Mr Hushmail, and it's
accurate, from YEARS of experience, and will hopefully be taken
seriously. First step, before you follow any of the others, is to make a
business model. Second is to find a venture capitalist group, and
convince them that you have your ducks in a row, and plan to make them
(and yourself) rich. Otherwise, don't give up your day job.

Not being remotely cruel, here (and I could be, and I'm good at it). If
you aren't spending someone else's money, you need to have plenty of
your own, and I'd bet you don't. I suspect you would be shocked at the
amount of money a startup similar to what you're proposing would take.
Here's a clue; the number will have at least 7 digits (US Dollars). It's
always about money. So it goes.

--
"Democratic nations must try to find ways to starve the terrorist
and the hijacker of the oxygen of publicity on which they depend."