wet-behind-the-ears whippersnapper seeking advice on building a nationwide network

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Fri Sep 16 20:15:14 UTC 2011

On 09/16/2011 03:09 PM, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> As an ISP, ARIN will not give you any space if you are new. You have to already have an equivalent amount of space from another provider. I think it is really stupid, and encourages wasting IP space, but that is what the current policy is.

Ah yes. I believe that is the problem we ran into. Where would I find
more information about this? Is https://www.arin.net/policy/nrpm.html
the best place? Am I considered an LIR if I simply run an access network
and don't hand out space to 3rd parties for re assignment? (BTW should I
be asking these type of questions here, or on an arin list?)