How to begin making my own ISP?

mikea mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Fri Sep 16 18:24:11 UTC 2011

On Fri, Sep 16, 2011 at 02:10:29PM -0400, hasserw at hushmail.com wrote:
> No one replied with any useful information. I guess no one wants
> competition on this list? Pretty poor tactic.
>
> On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 21:55:01 -0400 hasserw at hushmail.com wrote:
> >I want to begin making my own ISP, mainly for high speed servers
> >and such, but also branching out to residential customers. I'm
> >going to be in Germany for the next school year (probably either
> >Frankfurt am Main or Berlin); any suggestions on what sort of
> >classes I can take there that will be in English and will teach me
> >
> >all I need to know on how to build and manage my own ISP, AS, etc?
> >
> >Thanks.

It's not safe to ass-u-me that absence of a reply is due to a desire to
avoid competition. I strongly suspect that the answer to your question is
very large, very complex, highly dependent on your location, business plan,
connectivity, and the like, and that people simply don't have the free time
to devote to tutoring you in how to build and run your startup. I know I
don't.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx