Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Sep 16 10:53:39 UTC 2011

On Sep 16, 2011, at 3:21 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

> when you have a monopoly, you do not have the slightest instinct to
> think of the effects of your actions on others.

Randy -

  Over the last decade, we've run multiple consultations with the
  community regarding changing Whois.  These have either been the
  result of internal recommendations or suggestions from the ARIN
  community, and have covered a wide range of issues including the
  format of responses, the number of responses returned, the AUP
  for the Whois data, and more.  All of the archives of these are
  on https://www.arin.net/participate/acsp/index.html.

  If you have a particular suggestion for changing whois, please
  feel free to submit it.  If you'd prefer a different process
  altogether for discussing changes, please let me know.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO