Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

Mark Kosters markk at arin.net
Mon Sep 12 21:14:54 UTC 2011

On 9/12/11 4:58 PM, "Michael Sinatra" <michael at rancid.berkeley.edu> wrote:

>On 09/12/11 10:13, Always Learning wrote:
>
>> Primarily IP ranges to block and/or abuse email addresses.
>>
>>>   https://www.arin.net/participate/mailing_lists/
>>
>> Thank you.  I will try it.
>>
>>> Oh, and there they also like to see your real name and not a junk mail
>>> address. Just like on the RIPE mailinglists, you know in the old
>>>country.

>> states
>>
>> 	Your name (optional):
>
>I think arin-discuss would be a better place for this than arin-ppml.

Actually, I think the best place to have this particular conversation is
arin-tech-discuss. ARIN engineering hangs out there and does respond. I'm
not sure if all of NANOG wants to hear about the various behaviors of
different whois clients dealing with different whois servers around the
globe. If you are interested in the more global whois directory service
problem, there is emerging work going on in the IETF to tackle the
directory service problem called WEIRDS.

Regards,
Mark
ARIN CTO