Disappointing ARIN - A great advertisement for the USA ?

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Mon Sep 12 16:53:47 UTC 2011

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011, Eric Krichbaum wrote:

> That was on June 25th according to Mark Kosters.  They started to answer
> with both the parent and delegated objects.  That hosed the way RWHOIS data
> was being reported to most things as the client won't know which to send
> through to the rwhois servers.  Still works from an old SCO box but not from
> anything current.
>
> A "+" flag on the query from some clients will get it to recurse, but for my
> tests kicked back "%error 350 Invalid Query Syntax".

Prepending the query with a + "works" for me, in that I get the expected
data, but there's additional unexpeced data (full record for the Parent,
even if the Parent is just an ARIN /8) in the output that will probably
still cause problems for scripts.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |