NAT444 or ?

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Sun Sep 11 09:02:22 UTC 2011

Indeed, networks with some kind of anchor point (even xDSL networks with a LNS that terminates PPP sessions) really lend themselves to a big fat NAT box simply because there is a single point where all the connections appear anyway so why not have a single box doing NAT/DPI/etc as well?

I'd agree that, usually, distributed is better but these are not distributed networks, there is a single point (or a few large single points) of contact.

--
Leigh