How to begin making my own ISP?

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Sun Sep 11 02:11:32 UTC 2011

On 09/10/2011 08:55 PM, hasserw at hushmail.com wrote:
> I want to begin making my own ISP, mainly for high speed servers
> and such, but also branching out to residential customers. I'm
> going to be in Germany for the next school year (probably either
> Frankfurt am Main or Berlin); any suggestions on what sort of
> classes I can take there that will be in English and will teach me
> all I need to know on how to build and manage my own ISP, AS, etc?
> Thanks.

I too am very interested in this topic. I'm in the process of putting a
small service provider network
together. Starting with three points of presence (Los Angeles, Kansas
City, <undetermined east coast location>).

I'm in the process of securing an AS, IP space etc. Already have all the
necessary networking gear. Working on getting
it configured and deployed.

I'm a data center guy coming into the WAN world. Learning as I go.

--
Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com @charlesnw on twitter

http://blog.knownelement.com

Building alternative,global scale,secure, cost effective bit moving platform
for tomorrows alternate default free zone.