kernel.org dns broken

Landon Stewart lstewart at superb.net
Thu Sep 8 22:50:29 UTC 2011

On 8 September 2011 15:44, Atticus <grobe0ba at gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't resolve anything for kernel.org from Verizon's 3G network, or from
> HE in California. I'm using HE's nameservers, with Google's as a backup.
> Neither of them have any records. Anyone know what's up?

I'm seeing the same issue.  One of the authoritative name servers is timing
out and the other is not providing an authoritative record.

*# dig kernel.org @130.239.17.16 *

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-16.P1.el5 <<>> kernel.org @130.239.17.16
;; global options:  printcmd

*# dig kernel.org @209.132.180.67*

; <<>> DiG 9.3.6-P1-RedHat-9.3.6-16.P1.el5 <<>> kernel.org @209.132.180.67
;; global options:  printcmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: SERVFAIL, id: 1319
;; flags: qr rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 0

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;kernel.org.                    IN      A

--
Landon Stewart <LStewart at SUPERB.NET>
SuperbHosting.Net by Superb Internet Corp.