Microsoft deems all DigiNotar certificates untrustworthy, releases updates

Alexander Harrowell a.harrowell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 16:34:50 UTC 2011

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/microsoftpri0/2016132391_microsoft_dee
> ms_all_diginotar_certificates_untrust.html
>
> Google and Mozilla have also updated their browsers to block all
DigiNotar
> certificates, while Apple has been silent on the issue, a emblematic
zombie
> response!
>
> Cheers.

It would be really nice if the folk at Twitter would fix their images
servers (i.e si*.twimg.com) to use a non-evil CA (i.e. not Comodo or
DigiNotar or Bubba Gump's Bait, Firearms & Crypto Verification). Not
that user pics are a great loss, but if you use
Tweetdeck/Seesmic/whatever, the constant SSL cert warnings from dozens-
to-hundreds of user pics are noisy.

This is trivial whining on my part but it is operational.

--
The only thing worse than e-mail disclaimers...is people who send e-mail
to lists complaining about them