Do Not Complicate Routing Security with Voodoo Economics

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Sun Sep 4 14:04:36 UTC 2011

On Sep 4, 2011, at 9:59 AM, Randy Bush wrote:

>> I have worked for more then one transit free network, and have work
>> with people from (most) of the rest, we always prefer cust over peer,
>> every time.
>
> again, more than one of the world's largest providers prefer peers.  and
> even if they wanted to change, it would be horribly anti-pola to the
> affected customers, like white hot wires.  and one just does not do that
> to customers.

I repeat, you are obviously talking about a small subset of customers, right?  Please clarify.

Because I know customers of all 14 transit free networks, and these customers all believe the network is preferring their routes unless the customer sends a community to override that preference.

--
TTFN,
patrick