[Nanog-futures] Admission for Committee Members

David Temkin dave at temk.in
Fri Sep 2 00:01:38 UTC 2011

On the flip side of this, many of our employers donate "our" time that they
are paying us for in order for us to serve NANOG with nary a benefit.  If
you take just committee calls for the PC alone, this is 48 hours a year - a
workweek.  Perhaps they should feel that this donation nets them something.

-Dave
On Sep 1, 2011 6:41 PM, "Jared Mauch" <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:
> I have had my registration fee refunded when I was a speaker when my
employer was happy to pay. This frustrated me when the meeting had low
registration and lost money.

> I'm fine with people getting it waived, but the idea of everyone showing
up for a "roll-call" so they can get in free is certainly not the case. This
is why I suggested the BoD would have the authority to waive the fee if
recommended by someone else. The reason is less important to me honestly.