Outgoing SMTP Servers

Joel jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Oct 28 05:34:51 UTC 2011

Email as facility is a public good whether it constitutes a commons or
not... If wasn't you wouldn't bother putting up a server that would
accept unsolicited incoming connections on behalf of yourself and
others, doing so is generically non-rival and non-excludable although
not perfectly so in either case (what public good is).