Google+ now available for Google Apps domains

Justin Seabrook-Rocha xenith at xenith.org
Fri Oct 28 01:46:37 UTC 2011

On Oct 27, 2011, at 6:32 PM, steve pirk [egrep] wrote:

> Y'all ragged on me because Google+ was only available to gmail users...
> Well, now you can enable it for your users from the control panel on your
> Google Apps domains...
>
> Google Apps administrators can manually turn on
> Google+<http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=1631744>
> for
>> their organization. Once Google+ is turned on, users will need to sign up
>> at google.com/+ <http://www.google.com/+> to get started. For customers
>> who use Google Apps for Business or the free version of Google Apps and who
>> have chosen to automatically enable new services<http://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?answer=82691>,
>> Google+ will automatically become available to all of your users over the
>> next several days.
>>
>> *Editions included:*
>> Google Apps, Google Apps for Business, Government and Education*
>

> http://googleappsupdates.blogspot.com/2011/10/google-now-available-for-google-apps.html
>
> Now, do I toss the last 1.5 years of posts and use my apps domain, or stay
> as my gmail user account. Decisions, decisions... Methjinks history is the
> better part of valor, so I will stay using my gmail account. It would be
> cool if you could link them.

From http://googleenterprise.blogspot.com/2011/10/google-is-now-available-with-google.html

"For those of you who’ve already started using Google+ with a personal Google Account and would prefer to use your Google Apps account, we’re building a migration tool to help you move over. With this tool, you won’t have to rebuild your circles, and people who’ve already added you to their circles will automatically be connected to your new profile. We expect this migration option to be ready in a few weeks, so if you’d like, you can go ahead and get started with your Apps account today and merge your connections once the tool is available."

Once that tool is complete, you should be able to merge/migrate your gmail G+ account to your Google Apps account. You can already do so with most of the numerous other Google properties.

Justin Seabrook-Rocha
--
Xenith || xenith at xenith.org || http://xenith.org/
Jabber: xenith at xenith.org   || AIM:  JustinR98